Video (15 mins.) available at www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZGOO_2WjJE
LINKS TO THE CURRICULUM
Junior Cycle: Strand 1: Communicative Competence, linked to LO 1.3, 1.4.
Senior Cycle: III. Cultural Awareness, 2, 5
Play the video (in Spanish) and ask students to answer the following questions (in English):
- What are the 6 aspects of the food agroindustrial system that impact on the planet?
- What are the solutions presented in the video to reverse global warming?
After that, ask them to think of what we can do to help reverse global warming in different areas:
PRACTISE YOUR SPANISH
- Since the video is in Spanish, this is a good activity to practice their listening skills.
- You can ask students to write the words that they don’t understand and ask them to tell you them at the end of the video.
- Ask them to mention at least one new word they have learnt.
CONNECTIONS WITH IRELAND AND TAKING ACTION
Think of an action that your school can take to reduce global warming and try to create a campaign to put it in practice. Some ideas are: encourage pople to walk to school, less use of plastic, consume only local and organic products in the school…