LASC is opening an intern position from September-December 2021
What does the role involve?
· Communications: Doing weekly newsletter using Mailchimp; updating WordPress website, managing social media accounts.
· Research: research on Latin American current affairs for the newsletter and social media; there will also be a chance to publish on our blog – assistance with writing and editing provided.
· Event management skills: Assisting with the preparation and promotion of monthly seminars on Latin American issues.
· Campaigning: supporting LASC staff in advocacy work around campaigns on Latin American issues.
· Volunteer management: Organising teams of volunteers to support LASC events and campaigns. Support will be provided.
· Personal project: Possibility to do your own personal project related to our work and based on your skills and interests (workshop, exhibition, talks, podcast).
What support will be given?
· Orientation and training into the use of communications tools
· Guidance in research parameters, support in creating content for social media and website
· Writing and editing support
· Event and campaign management support
The internship is unpaid. The working hours would be 15 hours per week. LASC office is based at 400 North Circular Road, but due to the current situation, this internship will a remote internship.
There is the possibility of opening an internship agreement with the applicant’s university or study centre, but people who aren’t studying can also apply.
We’re looking for people interested in promoting human rights and social justice between Latin America and Ireland through activities carried out by LASC.
To apply please send a CV and cover letter to email@example.com until the 31st of July