Training and Courses
The classes for this term have already begun. Keep checking for details of new term.
Each class has a maximum of 12 students. The classes are taught in a lively and participative style. The 8 session intensive course focuses on basic survival Spanish and Brazilian Portuguese for beginners. Students will learn to manage simple tasks such as introductions, shopping and getting around and will learn to use the present tense.
Topics covered include:
- Personal Introductions
- The Alphabet
- Numbers: 1 - 100
- Regular verbs and the verb To be
- Weather expressions
- Telling time
- Days of the week
- In the restaurant: ordering meals, paying the bill
- Getting directions
Basic relevant grammar - verbs, nouns, adjectives
For people who already have a basic knowledge of Spanish or Brazilian Portuguese, we offer this more advanced class. At this level we continue with more complex grammar rules, and expanding your vocabulary with a range of texts and conversations on a variety of topics. Classes are friendly and participative and focused on developing your verbal, written, reading and listening skills.
- Expressing preferences and feelings;
- talking about past events and past habits;
- discussing current events;
- describing physical and emotional states;
- discussing consumer goods and markets;
- expressing opinions;
- making comparisons.
Click here for booking form for Spanish classes
Click here for booking form for Portuguese classes
- Language classes
- Conversation classes
- Latin American Development Issues course
- Workshops for Adults
- Development Education for Youth